How to take part:
1. Register your labyrinth by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org - subject line:
"150 Labyrinth Walks for Canada's 150th" We want to Participate!
2. Decide the length of time you want to run the event, and how you want participants to register their walks, e.g.
- use the signage or poster (link to downloadable PDF)
- use a log book; or
- set up on-line registration.
"First, in regards to Canada's 150th, I would suggest, that since the Labyrinth is a sacred space for prayer & meditation a focus be offered to those participating. This universal theme would help to unite all the different labyrinths participating even more strongly. It could speak to the need for wisdom of our leaders going forward or the healing for past wrongs."
4. Promote the event at your labyrinth - by editing this news release (link to editable document) to include your own details. Send the news release out to local media, post mentions of your event on your website, blog and/or in social media.
5. Whenever you do a social media post, make sure to use the hashtags #canada150, plus your community's hashtag, e.g. Carleton Place #cpcan150; Ottawa #ottawa150; Vancouver #vancouver150; Toronto #toronto150 and so on.
6. Keep track of how you are doing - and post mentions of your progress on your website, blog and/or in social media.
7. Celebrate when you reach your goal!
Canadian Labyrinths that are participating (to date):
- Carleton Place Community Labyrinth located in Carleton Place, Ontario /http://carletonplacecommunitylabyrinth.blogspot.ca/
- Castlegar & District Recreation Complex Labyrinth located in Castlegar, British Columbia at 2101 6th Avenue.
- Fleetwood Park Labyrinth located in Surrey, British Columbia at 15802 – 80th Avenue – www.labyrinthlady.ca
- The Toronto Public Labyrinth at Trinity Park Square located in Toronto, Ontario - www.labyrinthnetwork.ca
- Tigh Shee Labyrinth located in North Lancaster, Ontario - http://www.roadsigns.ca/wp/about/labyrinths-gardens/